The County Engineer is Bert Dawson, P.E., P.S.
B.E., Youngstown State University, Youngstown, OH
(Honorary Member, Sigma Tau Engineering)
M.S., Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
(Ford Foundation Scholarship)
*Registered Professional Engineer in Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania
*Registered Professional Surveyor in Ohio
Mr. Bert Dawson has been a lifelong resident of Columbiana County. He is married to Deborah Cochran Dawson, has two sons, and three grandchildren.
Bert has served as County Engineer since 1969 and Sanitary Engineer since 1990. From 2005 – 2010, he served on the State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers & Surveyors. In 2012, Bert was appointed to his 2nd term on the State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers & Surveyors. Mr. Dawson currently serves as chairman of the board.
In 2007, Bert was named Urban County Engineer of year by the National Association of County Engineers. In 2012, CEAO presented Bert with the 2012 County Engineer of the Year award. In June 2014, Bert received the Meritorious Service award from OSPE.
Memberships & Activities
- Columbiana County Transportation Improvement District
- Served as 2014 Secretary/Treasurer
- County Engineers Association of Ohio Served as President in 1976 and on the Board of Directors 1969-1979. Also served as a Representative to the Ohio Committee of County Officials (OCCO).
- National Association of County Engineers
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Ohio Society of Professional Engineers
- Vice Chairman, District 14 Integrating Committee Issue II
- County Engineer Representative District 14, Integrating Committee Issue II
- Chairman, Columbiana County Issue II Rating Committee
- 2005 Chairman, State Issue I (Renewal Issue II) Columbiana County